- About Us
- Small Animal Services
- Large Animal Services
- Questions About:
- Hospital Tour
- Additional Features
- Informational Pages
- Pet Library
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- About Your PetSite
Halifax County Veterinary Center is a full-service veterinary medical clinic located in Halifax, Virginia. The professional and courteous staff at Halifax County Veterinary Center seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care as well as boarding services for their highly valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care for horses and cattle herds and health-related educational opportunities for our livestock and companion animal clients. Halifax County Veterinary Center strives to offer excellence in veterinary care to Halifax, South Boston and surrounding areas in Southside, Virginia and North Central North Carolina. Please take a moment to contact us today to learn more about our veterinary or boarding services. Our staff is eager to let you know how Halifax County Veterinary Center can serve the needs of you and your cherished pet, horse or livestock herd.
At this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
Help us go green with PetSites! You can access your pet's records, refill prescriptions, schedule appointments, print out vaccination records, customize with pictures, and more! Just click on PetSite Login at the top! It's now a smartphone app!
Check out more information with our how-to videos under the informational pages tab to the left!
To serve the Lord by providing high quality veterinary medical care in a courteous and compassionate manner. We will do this by valuing each other and our clientele. We will put others first and hustle while we wait. We will know our roles and strive to exceed expectations. We will utilize modern technology, seek knowledge, and not forget the people involved.
You are now able to use PetSites from our Facebook page. Like us on Facebook and you will be able to refill prescriptions, make boarding appts and make appts to get your pets yearly check-up.
HOLLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR YOUR PETS
1. Do not give your pets candy especially if it contains chocolate or xylitol (sugar substitute for sugar-free candy)
2. Make sure your pet is identifiable with either collars, tags, microchip, and safety vest if going walking near traffic
3. Keep your candy and lit pumpkins out of reach of pets
4. If you are going to apply a costume on your pet, make sure it fits properly. Be aware of anything hanging off that can be chewed on or a chowing hazard. Make sure your pet can see, hear, and breathe ok.
5. Keep glow sticks and glow jewelry away from your pets. The contents inside can be toxic causing them to salivate and act strangely.
6. Put your animals away or locked up if they are anxious or aggressive towards people. Having many people come to your door can cause a lot of anxiety to a pet.
7. Keep your pets inside. There are people out there that can harm or steal your pets. Keep them safe.
For more information visit the Library tab.